Blackpool and The Fylde College (B&FC) is one of the country’s leading colleges and it’s right here on your doorstep. Whether you’re an individual or a business, the College’s employer-focused education and training will help you to be more successful and achieve your goals.
You can also access a great range of amenities. Such as competitive hair and beauty treatments and a fitness centre. Plus a restaurant with one of the best views of the Fylde Coast!
- Time to Enrol for New Courses
- Open Events
- No 1 College for School Leaver Success!
- Improve your hobby – or rediscover a past passion!
- Level 2 Welding Skills Course
- Degree-level courses at B&FC University Centre
- Job Vacancies
- Facilities Open to Everyone
- B&FC Lancashire Energy HQ
Time to Enrol for New Courses
Don’t worry if you haven’t sorted a place for college yet! There are still spaces on some programmes From Engineering to Business, Sport to Science and Hair and Beauty to Construction, there’s something for everyone And if you don’t fancy studying full-time, you can develop your skills through hands-on, work-based learning. Join a wide range of Apprenticeship, Traineeships or T Level courses.
Details of enrolment can be found here – www.blackpool.ac.uk or ring the Contact Centre team on 01253 504343
Adult Course Guide
Are you an adult looking to find work, change your career or develop new skills?
Blackpool and the Fylde College offer help with funding, lots of ongoing support and timetabling to fit around your life.
The adult guide is live online, along with other prospectus. Take a look and see what you’ll discover…
FREE courses with Blackpool and The Fylde College
Studying towards your dream career has never been more affordable. With free courses available in sectors as diverse as hair and beauty and social care, there’s plenty of opportunity to upskill to revive your existing career or reskill to set off in an entirely new career direction.
Whichever course you choose to take with Blackpool & Fylde College, they will help to get you where you want to be.
Want to see what it’s like to study at B&FC? Go along to one of the Open Events. Get a real feel for your future at an Open Day. Be welcomed onto campus and experience B&FC in person. Take a look around the amazing facilities and see what makes B&FC one of England’s leading colleges.
- New T Level courses,
- Diplomas and Triple Diplomas
- Find out everything you need to know about your next step after leaving school.
Explore the fantastic range of courses, meet expert tutors and discover all the support that’s on offer. Careers team will be on hand to offer expert advice and guidance about your future.
For School Leavers…
B&FC Open Events are your ideal opportunity to learn why B&FC is the right place to get set for your future career. At every event, industry trained tutors will be available to advise you on all our subject areas and the support you can expect throughout your learning journey.
At Meet the Expert events you’ll have the opportunity to discuss the course you are interested with a tutor and find out what opportunities lay ahead.
Degree Level and Adult Learners…
Ready to take your career to the next level – or learn skills for a new job? B&FC offers lots of career focused adult courses including English and Maths, Up-skilling and Re-skilling courses and degree-level courses you can study just one day a week.
Looking for a career at sea? Learn about studying at our maritime college at Fleetwood Nautical Campus.
It’s part of Blackpool and the Fylde College and one of the UK’s top nautical establishments. With links to major shipping companies, it attracts students from around the world.
A broad range of courses is on offer from various accrediting bodies such as OPITO, GWO and IOSH. All delivered by highly-experienced tutors. Fleetwood Nautical Campus is based in Fleetwood, Lancashire, with easy access to the national motorway network.
Want to see what it’s like to study at B&FC?
Get a real feel for your future at an Open Day!
Saturday 7 January 2023 – Bispham Campus 10.30am – 2.30pm
Visit the Bispham campus to find out about school leaver, 19+ and degree level courses and take your learning to the next level.
This is your opportunity to speak to expert tutors and visit industry-standard onsite facilities. Chat to support teams about finance, careers and help with your studies. It’s also an opportunity to sample a variety of activities arranged by curriculum to give you a taste of what studying could be like..
For Blackpool School of Arts, please visit the University Centre campus between 10.30am -2.30pm
Looking for a career at sea?
Maritime Open Events are held separately at Fleetwood Nautical Campus.
Saturday 21 January 2023 Fleetwood Nautical Campus 10.30am – 2.30pm
Thursday 16 November 2023 Fleetwood Nautical Campus 1.30pm – 4.30pm
No 1 College for School Leaver Success!
- Blackpool and the Fylde College is England’s number 1 large college for school leaver success.
- They’ve got it all! Great lessons, friendly tutors, hands-on sessions, help with learning, and an amazing industry placement. There’s even a Starbucks!
- It’s a grown-up environment where you’ll make new friends, enjoy good times and gain confidence to achieve your future career goals.
And it’s Ofsted Grade 1 Outstanding… Just find the course that’s right for you and apply at this link
Why choose B&FC?
- An Ofsted Grade 1 Outstanding college
- The highest possible gold rating in the government’s new Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- Degrees awarded by Lancaster University – ranked in the UK’s top ten institutions
- Multi-million pound industry-standard resources
- Industry specialist tutors who keep their expertise up-to-date
- Working with over 1,000 employers
- Small class sizes
- High levels of one-to-one support
- Convenient timetabling to fit around work and other commitments
- FREE circular bus service
- No upfront fees
- £60 monthly bursary and help with childcare costs for adult students
- £500 Advantage Bursary and £1,000 a year Access Scholarship for degree-level students
Join the B&FC community and start to turn your future career dreams into reality. Loads of technical and professional qualifications to choose from. Courses designed with industry to get you ready for degree-level study and employment.
- A planned industry placement for every full-time student
- Real life learning, designed for the real world.
You might also be interested in…
Start your dream career
Are you ready to start your dream career? B&FC offers courses that are co-created with employers to support progression into and within your chosen career.
- Choose from courses for 16-18 year-olds, career-focused courses for adults, degree-level courses, apprenticeships, English and maths courses, and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages).
- Short community courses are a great way to develop new interests and skills. They might even spark a new career direction or set you on a path towards further study.
- The College also offers a range of bespoke and off-the-shelf training solutions for businesses, through its highly successful employer training arm – B&FC for Business.
Find out more about any of B&FC’s courses by contacting 01253 504 343 or E firstname.lastname@example.org or you can apply/enquire online at blackpool.ac.uk
Improve your hobby – or rediscover a past passion!
Blackpool and The Fylde College has lots of exciting courses to inspire you. From computers to creative writing, digital photography to dressmaking, there’s something for everyone at B&FC.
Take a look at their latest courses and get a fun boost. Courses include – Computers, Creative Sewing, Creative Writing, Photography, Dressmaking, Exercise Movement and Dance, Spanish, Watercolour painting, Photoshop, Sign Language. Which one would you choose?
For more information:
- Call 01253 504343
- Email email@example.com
Level 2 Welding Skills Course
Looking to develop your skills in the engineering or energy sector?
Lancashire Energy HQ’s FREE Level 2 Welding skills course could help you learn, develop and practice the skills required to work in the engineering or energy sector. You just need to be earning less than £17,500 a year. If you’re earning over this amount and looking to advance in your career, this course is also available for £800, but funding may be available.
The course is two evenings a week. Phone 01253 504 343 or email Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org.
An apprenticeship gives you the best of both worlds. It’s the chance to work towards a nationally-recognised qualification and develop your career at the same time.
With more than 100 apprenticeships across 18 different career areas, there’s bound to be a route that’s right for you.
Degree-level courses at B&FC University Centre
Did you know that 9 out of 10 B&FC graduates are in work within 6 months of graduating? They’re earning an average starting salary of £25,500 (around 25% higher than the national average of £20,500).
Competitive fees, funding you don’t need to pay back and low-cost loans along with Blackpool’s low living costs and affordable accommodation are all additional reasons why it pays to study a degree-level course at B&FC University Centre.
Many of B&FC’s degrees are awarded by Lancaster University, allowing you to graduate with a UK top 10 university degree. With timetabling to fit around work, family and other commitments, experience counting as well as formal qualifications and lots of support from industry specialists, there’s nothing to stop you from achieving your dream career.
Blackpool and The Fylde College is one of the region’s top employers. With competitive salaries and a range of benefits for employees.
Roles range from academic staff to support workers across a range of subject and service areas. The vacancies page gets updated regularly, so if you don’t see anything relevant right now, keep coming back to it.
Facilities Open to Everyone
Did you know that many of B&FC’s training facilities are open to the public? This means you can access high quality, competitively priced services, at the same time as supporting students to train for their future careers.
Top Notch Dining at Level 6
The B&FC training restaurant is Level 6. It’s where you can enjoy brasserie-style dining prepared and served by the next generation of chefs, hospitality staff and restaurateurs.
Relax in contemporary surroundings and enjoy panoramic views of the Fylde Coast from the top floor of the Bispham Campus.
- To book for lunch or dinner, call 01253 504 187 or email email@example.com (please mention this website).
- More about the Level 6 Restaurant here.
Hair and Beauty Treatments
At The Hair and Beauty Project you can access the latest treatments and technology, including IPL hair removal and Crystal Clear facials, all at highly competitive rates.
- For details of treatments and to make an appointment, please contact T 01253 504187 (please mention this website).
- More about Hair and Beauty treatments here.
B&FC’s superbly equipped fitness suite – Inspirations – offers a range of cardiovascular and resistance equipment, with fitness staff able to customise a fitness programme for you. Fitness classes are included free as part of your membership. Opening times are 7.30am-9.30pm Monday-Friday and 9am-2pm Saturdays.
- To find out more, please contact the Sports Centre staff on T 01253 504184 (please mention this website).
- More about sports facilities here.
Sports Hall and Pitch Hire
The College’s 3G all-weather pitch and sports hall are both available for private hire.
- For rates and availability, please contact the Sports Centre staff on T 01253 504184 (please mention this website).
- More about sports facilities here.
Holiday Sports Camps
Our action-packed and fun programme of sports, games and creative arts is the perfect way to keep the kids entertained during the school holidays. For children aged 5-14.
For details and to book a place, please contact the Sports Centre staff on T 01253 504184 (please mention this website).
At the University Centre in Blackpool, you can enjoy a range of high quality student theatre productions or browse the Gallery’s latest exhibition.
Look out for special offers, events and promotions throughout the year.
B&FC Lancashire Energy HQ
Lancashire Energy HQ is a £12 million dedicated education and training facility. It’s the flagship development on Blackpool Airport Enterprise Zone.
Opened by Northern Powerhouse Minister, Jake Berry MP, in 2018, the facility offers a wide range of energy and welding training for people new to the industry as well as existing employees looking to renew their industry accreditation and licences.