Bet you’ve got no idea how many different events and activities take place at Cleveleys Community Centre – have a look and find out!
There are four function rooms to hire. From the large hall with a stage which holds over 100, to smaller rooms for groups, meetings and classes.
Call 01253 863369 for more details and to book a room. Please mention you saw it on Visit Fylde Coast!
What’s On Cleveleys Community Church & Centre
There’s something for everyone… Come and check us out. From Dance Classes, Weight Watchers, Art classes, Amateur Radio, Dog Training, Yoga, Line Dancing and youth club.
This is just a sample of some of the types of event held at the Centre.
- Knit n Natter, Yoga, Thornton-Cleveleys Amateur Radio Society
- Board games – all welcome, Thornton-Cleveleys Canine Training Society, Susan Traynor dance class
- Arts and crafts group – all welcome, Yoga
- Weightwatchers, Knit n Natter, Cleveleys Ladies, Patchwork class, Joanne Wilson Dance School,
- One Accord ladies choir, Explorer Scouts for boys and girls
- Friday Arts Group, Windmill Arts Group
- Cleveleys Community Church. Elim Pentecostal church. Visitors welcome.
- Cleveleys Community Church ‘The Gathering’
- Plus monthly groups like Rossall Beach Residents & Community Group who meet here every fourth Wednesday. Come and take a look!
Timetable for July 2021
These are the groups currently meeting at the centre. If you’d like to join any of them, just come along.
|Mondays||10-12pm Knit & Natter|
|Tuesdays||11-2pm Mosaic Making|
|Wednesdays||4.30-6.30pm Slimming World|
6.30-8.30pm Adult Tap & Ballet
|Thursdays||4.30-6.30pm Kids Drama|
7-9pm Coasters Singers
|Fridays||9-12pm and 1-3pm Art Group|
|Saturdays||9-11am Slimming World|
|Church activities||Family service every Sunday from 10.30am|
Prayer every following Tuesday from 11-12 noon
Ladies Connect Group (Bible class) every following Tuesday 10.30-12 noon
Another Facelift for Cleveleys Community Church Centre
It’s another call from your community – 2021 sees this community building looking for volunteers again, and materials to help to transform the kitchen. We haven’t got Nick Knowles, but could you help with a ‘DIY SOS’ on Cleveleys Community Centre? It’s a great way to pass your time doing something worthwhile, and make some new friends too.
In 2019, Cleveleys Coastal Community Team helped to brighten up the Centre and help it to reach its full potential as a true hub of the community. The Coastal Community Team secured the help of our friends at HMP Kirkham to decorate the inside of the building for them. Once finished it looks bright and cheerful, and lovely and clean. Even the floor’s clean and polished – well done guys.
Will you help?
Not to be content with making a bit of a difference, the CCT want to make a LOT of a difference and is already thinking about Phase II…
The building is run by the community for the community. Surplus from room hire costs goes towards improving the building. For example, you might have noticed that the windows have been replaced.
There’s a lot more to do. For example:
- new curtains across the stage (or even dry cleaning the ones that are there).
- Furnishings/fabrics/hangings or even carpet to deaden the sound at meetings – currently it’s a very rattly space.
- There’s outside work that needs doing, for example gutters and (dare we say it) the roof needs attention. (It looks like it’s got ‘nail fatigue’ ie they’re old and done for).
- We’d like to set up a computer room so will need second hand kit, tables and chairs.
- There are lots of other things you could help with, if you want to volunteer anything else.
- Cleveleys in Bloom want to make the outside bright and cheerful so they’ll need planters, plants, materials and more.
- The CCT would like to install signage to direct people from the town centre to the building.
Have you got a local business or organisation who could help with any of this? Come on Cleveleys, you can do it – we’ll make sure that any businesses who do help get recognised and a warm glow of satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’d like to help just email email@example.com
Rooms Available to Hire
Organising classes, parties and events, either a one-off occasion or regular booking. Need somewhere to hold your meetings? We have rooms at very reasonable rates…
- Very reasonable rates.
- Kitchen facility or catering available.
- Disabled access and toilet.
- Large free car park.
You can also hire a room for a couple of hours on a one off occasion – you don’t have to have a regular booking. This is ideal for fundraising, launches for new businesses, AGMs, plays and productions and all kinds of events.
One room holds up to 30 people arranged in rows, another two rooms can be used separately with up to 30 people each or opened up into one bigger room, and the hall is suitable for large public meetings of up to 100 people.
For details of any of the above events or to hire rooms for your own event, please contact the centre on 01253 863369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please mention that you saw it on Visit Fylde Coast)
Cleveleys Community Church Centre, Storehouse Appeal
Can you help? Please help us to help the less fortunate families in our community
Food urgently required:
- Tinned Food – meat, fruit, spaghetti & baked beans, tuna/fish etc, tinned/packet soups
- Beverages – tea/coffee, sugar, soft drinks etc
- Cereals – breakfast cereals & muesli, noodles, rice & pasta, muesli bars etc
- Babies – nappies, baby wipes, tins/jars of baby food etc
- Non perishable foods only please – even the smallest donation is gratefully received.
- Just drop your donation off at Cleveleys Community Church Centre – at the back of the car park/off Beach Road.
To find out call 01253 863369 (Please mention you saw it on Visit Fylde Coast)
At The Heart of the Community
Cleveleys Community Church Centre is owned and managed by a team of volunteers. It’s aim is to be at the centre of the community.
It’s about providing a place for people to go and make friends, to join in with different activities and events, have a bite to eat and a brew. Just generally feel at home, find someone to have a natter to and something to do.
If you’re looking for something to do they’re always on the lookout for people who can volunteer an hour or two of their time each week to help with the community centre activities. Jobs like locking up and unlocking the building, tidying, office duties and generally being on hand to help. If you’d like to be part of the team please get in touch and find out more.
The Community Centre was built as Beach Road School and later converted to the Frank Townend Community Centre. Cleveleys Community Church Centre bought the building in early 2016.
Home to Cleveleys Community Church
Cleveleys Community Church is an Elim Pentecostal church and a member of Groundlevel churches. Meetings during the week including prayer meetings, Bible studies and Alpha courses. Meetings are every Sunday morning at 10.30am and at 6pm. Check out our Facebook page for up-to-date information and news.
Sunday Services at Cleveleys Community Church comprise of powerful worship and a life changing message. Both are consistent with today’s culture. Worship is led by a live band and will occasionally involve drama and performing arts. Life Changing messages mostly focus on applying the Bible to everyday lives. Children are very welcome, bring them along with you! The preaching style is always personal and very relational.
Communion is shared monthly. Throughout the year there are baptisms, child-dedication and membership enrolment services.
New members welcome
If you are attending Cleveleys Community Church for the first time, you will be very welcome. Stop for a chat and a coffee after the service in the foyer coffee bar, or come down before the service from 10am for a slice of toast and a brew.
- Cleveleys Community Church Centre is affiliated with Elim Pentecostal churches and the Ground Level network
- Main meeting every Sunday morning at 10.30am. Enjoy refreshments before and after the meeting. Visitors very welcome.
- Weekly Bible studies and prayer meetings. Connect groups which meet in people’s homes and at the Centre fortnightly
- Ironmen is our men’s ministry who meet for breakfast every 4 weeks on Saturdays at 10am at the Centre
- Flourish is our ladies fellowship who meet bi-monthly to enjoy food and fellowship, craft evenings and much more. Please call 863369 to find out about our next event or look at our website www.elimcleveleys.org.uk
- ALPHA course Want to learn about the Christian faith in an informal, friendly discussion group? Next course starts later this year….
See our new website www.elimcleveleys.org.uk
At Cleveleys Community Church Centre you can always be sure of a warm welcome
Once the Frank Townend Centre, the former primary school building on Beach Road is now Cleveleys Community Church Centre.
Cleveleys Community Centre took over management of the venue in 2010 from Wyre Council while they retained responsibility for maintenance and repairs. They bought the premises in March 2016, to make sure it continues in its vital role as the heart of the community and a meeting place, offering something for everyone with varied classes and activities.
It’s been a great success, with community usage increasing greatly in the years since. A wide range of classes and activities for all ages are on offer, along with room hire and catering facilities.
The deal includes a restriction on the future of the centre to community use only under the Local Government Act 1972. That allows local authorities to dispose of property for less than normal market value, where it will help secure the social wellbeing of the area.
As a result the building was valued as a community asset and sold as such, freeing up funds to finance future council spending. The sale was finalised in March 2016.
There are groups and classes here for all kinds of things. There are art and dancing classes, Residents groups, police and public meetings, dog obedience – you’ll find something for everyone and all the groups who use the building are always looking for new members!
While you’re here…
What do you think? Why don’t you join in and leave a comment below?
Have a look at the Visit Fylde Coast website homepage for more of the latest updates.
Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for our weekly email newsletter. Packed full of interesting things it arrives in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast