Trevors Foodservice is the large, back-stage business that’s quietly feeding the Fylde Coast! They’re Blackpool’s number one wholesaler of chilled, frozen and ambient foods. And also sell cleaning materials, catering disposables and equipment.
You’re sure to have seen their fleet of 17 lorries out and about. Day in, day out they’re delivering their huge range of products to shops, hotels, schools, cafes, workplaces and healthcare providers. And those 17 lorries don’t just stay here on the Fylde Coast, with customers all over the North West and Yorkshire.
It’s a fair chance that Trevors Foodservice has fed you at some point. Whether that’s with branded products or their Country Range, specially made for the 12-member buying group which Trevors is part of.
But did you know that it’s a family firm, first established in Blackpool in 1962? 53 staff keep the wheels of those 17 lorries turning – and most of them have been part of the family for many years. Trevors takes its community responsibilities seriously – helping out in many ways.
Business or not, some quick and tasty ideas!
Stay cool for the summer with our thirst quenching Country Range Cranberry and Lemonade Coolers It’s really simple – have a go!
- Create a syrup with the lemon juice and zest and sugar – bring to the boil and reduce by half.
- Mix in the cranberry sauce.
- Pour into an ice-filled glass, add a slice of lemon, mint and top with soda water.
- Add a dash of your favourite alcohol to turn it into a summer’s day cocktail
Here’s the makings of the perfect peppered steak sandwich. Mmm, delicious!
- Heat a heavy frying pan over a high heat. Season the steaks with the salt and crushed peppercorns.
- Add half of the oil to the pan to heat. Add the steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes for medium rare. Remove from the pan and place on a chopping board. Tent loosely with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
- Slice the steaks against the grain into thick strips.
- Spread the cream cheese on the bottom halves of the rolls. Top with some rocket, steak slices and mushrooms. Serve hot.
The Story of the Soup
It’s well documented that VFC resident writer Chrissie has a thing for Trevors soup. It’s caused a lot of hilarity here at Rabbit Towers – there aren’t many days go by without her enjoying a bowl of it!
After her illness in winter 2021, the soup (and the ice cream) supplied by Trevors Foodservice to Blackpool Victoria Hospital really did the trick. Together, they helped to bring her round, literally from death’s door.
The marketing team at Trevors responded so kindly to our enquiry about that soup. It’s unusual these days to get such a genuine and well meant response from a large business. It also marked the start of a lot of soup eating! (Do you eat or drink soup?)
Watch the video, if you haven’t already seen it!
While you’re here…
Have a look at the homepage of the Visit Fylde Coast website for more of the latest updates.
Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for your weekly email newsletter. Packed full of interesting things it arrives in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group and follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast
Plus hundreds of videos to watch on our YouTube channel – from all over the Fylde Coast!
Booking a stay? Pick a safe, clean and legal place to stay, at the very best price. Book with the Visit Fylde Coast and StayBlackpool guide.