The new Blackpool Police Station Headquarters at Marton (near to the big Tesco) is now open. It’s the new West Division Police Headquarters, which Bonny Street Police Station will move to, allowing for the eventual re-development of the Central Car Park site.
Front Counter now Open at Blackpool Police Station Headquarters
The front counter at the new West Division Police Headquarters in Blackpool is now open to the public.
It’s located on Gerry Richardson Way, off Clifton Road and next to Tesco. Opening hours are:
- 8am-8pm Monday to Friday
- 9am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday
As well as a front counter, the new headquarters provides a base for some of the local policing and immediate response teams, an investigations hub and 42 custody cells. It also houses a range of specialist teams serving the whole of the division, which covers Blackpool, Fylde, Wyre, Lancaster and Morecambe.
Please be assured that the front counter at Bonny Street Police Station will remain open until the new front counter opens at the Municipal Buildings. Then it will relocate along with the town centre policing team.
The front counter at Bonny Street will operate on new opening hours of 9am-5pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm on Saturday. It will be closed on a Sunday.
Blackpool Police Station Headquarters
Have a look at this computer-generated, virtual video of the new West Division Police Headquarters in Blackpool. This was released before work was completed, to give an idea of what the new building will look like.
The footage shows the outside of the building, which is being built on the site next to Tesco on Clifton Road, as well as the public enquiry desk.
The new Blackpool Police Station Headquarters will replace Bonny Street Police Station. It will be the headquarters for Lancashire Constabulary’s West Division, which covers Blackpool, Fylde, Wyre, Lancaster and Morecambe.
Close to the M55, the building will provide a base for some of the local policing and immediate response teams. It will also house a public enquiry desk, investigations hub and 42 custody cells. Plus a range of specialist teams, serving the whole of the division.
Construction work started on the site in December 2016. It was completed on schedule in 2018.
Police in Blackpool Town Centre
The police will retain a town centre base. A new public enquiry desk will be sited at the council’s Municipal Buildings once Bonny Street Police Station closes.
The investment in Blackpool Police Station Headquarters is the biggest in the force’s history. It’s being funded as part of the Police and Crime Commissioner’s (PCC’s) capital programme.
- Bonny Street Police Station was built in 1976.
- A structural survey in 2014 concluded that Bonny Street Police station was nearing the end of its lifespan.
- The custody suite at Bonny Street is dated and non-compliant with modern Home Office standards. It would be impossible to satisfy in the current building without very expensive reconfiguration.
- The new building will be constructed with modern materials suitable for the coastal environment.
- The new custody suite is Home Office compliant and has been designed with consultation from all key stakeholders.
- When complete, the new building will boast energy saving features including solar panels and rainwater harvesting.
Local spend and labour for Blackpool Police Station Headquarters was planned as follows –
– 20% spend within a ten mile radius;
– 40% spend within a 20 miles radius;
– 75% spend within a 40 mile radius;
– Some specialist equipment for custody etc has to come from outside this area.
– 75% of the project spend will be with small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
Find out More
Have a look at the Live Blackpool website homepage for more of the latest updates.
Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast