The new Blackpool Police Station Headquarters at Marton (near to the big Tesco) is now open. It’s the new West Division Police Headquarters – where Bonny Street Police Station moved to. The relocation allows for the eventual re-development of the Central Car Park site.
It’s located on Gerry Richardson Way, off Clifton Road and next to Tesco. Postcode FY4 4US. The opening hours are:
- 8am-8pm Monday to Friday
- 9am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday
Contact Blackpool Police Station
- You can report a crime or incident online or by calling 101.
- In an emergency always dial 999.
- Blackpool Police Station phone number: 01253 607041.
This is a voicemail facility and you may not get a response for 72 hours.
Front Counter now Open at Blackpool Police Station Headquarters
The front counter at the new West Division Police Headquarters in Blackpool opened to the public on 23 July 2018.
As well as a front counter, the new headquarters provides a base for some of the local policing and immediate response teams, an investigations hub and 42 custody cells.
It also houses a range of specialist teams serving the whole of the division, which covers Blackpool, Fylde, Wyre, Lancaster and Morecambe.
Have a look at this computer-generated, virtual video of the new West Division Police Headquarters in Blackpool. This was released before work was completed, to give an idea of what the new building will look like.
It shows the outside of the building, on the site next to Tesco on Clifton Road, as well as the public enquiry desk.
The new Blackpool Police Station Headquarters replaces Bonny Street Police Station. It’s the headquarters for Lancashire Constabulary’s West Division, which covers Blackpool, Fylde, Wyre, Lancaster and Morecambe.
Close to the M55, the building provides a base for some of the local policing and immediate response teams. It also houses a public enquiry desk, investigations hub and 42 custody cells. Plus a range of specialist teams, serving the whole of the division.
Construction work started on the site in December 2016. On schedule, it was completed in 2018.
Throughout its construction, more than £6.3m was invested back into Lancashire businesses. About half of the money spent on the project being invested within 20 miles of the site.
The new headquarters officially opened on 26 June 2019. Dedicated in memory of fallen officers across Blackpool, Fylde, Wyre, Lancaster and Morecambe.
Police in Blackpool Town Centre
The police still retain a town centre base. There’s a new public enquiry desk at the council’s Municipal Buildings on Corporation Street. It opened in October 2018.
The investment in Blackpool Police Station Headquarters is the biggest in the force’s history. It’s funded as part of the Police and Crime Commissioner’s (PCC’s) capital programme.
- Bonny Street Police Station was built in 1976.
- A structural survey in 2014 concluded that Bonny Street Police station was nearing the end of its lifespan.
- The custody suite at Bonny Street was dated and didn’t comply with modern Home Office standards. It would be impossible to satisfy in the current building without very expensive reconfiguration.
- The new building is built with modern materials suitable for the coastal environment.
- The new custody suite is Home Office compliant and has been designed with consultation from all key stakeholders.
- And the new building has energy saving features including solar panels and rainwater harvesting.
While you’re here…
Have a look at the Live Blackpool website homepage for more of the latest updates.
Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for your weekly email newsletter. Packed full of interesting things it arrives in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast