More amazing news for your favourite seaside town. Have you heard about Blackpool’s new Big Wheel? Already an iconic attraction to Blackpool’s shoreline, the new Big Wheel will be bigger, taller and even brighter, to enhance this landmark attraction for both the Piers and the resort. Above photo: thanks to Gregg Wolstenholme
Blackpool’s New Big Wheel
Fantastic news for sightseers and height-lovers – Blackpool is to get a brand new BIG big wheel in the best place for a great view!
As part of a £4m upgrade, the new Big Wheel is being built on Blackpool Central Pier. After taking a year to build, owners are expecting it to open in Summer 2023 (subject to planning approval).
The Bigger Big Wheel will be markedly different to the current one:
- It will be bigger, taller and brighter
- Partially enclosed carriages to protect you from the weather
- Featuring accessible carriages that are wheelchair friendly
- VIP carriages for your special moments
- Open to visitors all year round
- Made from sustainable and state of the art technologies to reduce energy consumption. The first chapter in a greener energy revolution that the Company is working towards.
Blackpool Pier Company owners hope that the new attraction will bring in more visitors and revenue. The revenue will be reinvested into the long term security of the Piers.
While you’re here…
What do you think? Why don’t you join in and leave a comment below?
Have a look at the homepage of the Live Blackpool website for more of the latest updates.
Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for your weekly email newsletter. Packed full of interesting things it arrives in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast