Public consultation begins on Adrenalin World – £45m Development at Stanley Park Golf Course, Blackpool. Find out what’s proposed and how to have your say.
Public Consultation on the Plans
Blackpool UKAP (Blackpool) Holdings Limited (“UKAP”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Holmes Investment Properties Plc, a UK property investment company. On Thursday 9th December 2021 they launched a public consultation on plans to create Blackpool’s newest leisure destination on the Stanley Park Golf Course site. Tennis player-turned-leisure mogul, David Lloyd is the mastermind at the back of the scheme.
In September ’21 Blackpool Council and UKAP (Blackpool) Holdings Limited exchanged contracts on a six year lease over the land at the golf course. If planning permission is secured, the lease agreement involves conditions meaning the council will provide UKAP with new leases for a 175 year period.
Proposed plans will see the golf course reduce from 18 to 9 holes. The key principles of the change are:
- widening participation,
- improving facilities for members,
- making it financially viable,
- and ensuring any changes are sensitive to local residential amenity, heritage and conservation.
With an investment of up to £45m this project will create 150 new jobs. Plus further jobs created during the construction phase.
Thousands of notices have been distributed via Royal Mail to local residences and businesses in the area explaining how people can view the plans and provide feedback.
You can find out more about the plans online at www.ukapblackpoolconsultation.co.uk. While you’re there, complete the online survey for members of the public to provide their feedback.
Prefer to view the plans in person? Go along to one of the consultation events:
- Wednesday 12 January 2022, 2pm – 7pm
- Thursday 13 January 2022, 10am – 2pm
- both at The Village Hotel, East Park Drive, Blackpool Lancashire, FY3 8LL.
- A pop-up consultation event will also be held in the town centre in January.
Adrenalin World – £45m Development at Stanley Park
The site of Stanley Park Golf Course consists of two elements (eastern and western). They’re re divided by East Park Drive, making up a total area of around 37ha.
Plans for the eastern parcel of land
- The development of 70,000 sq ft Family Active Entertainment Centre with indoor and outdoor activities.
The area around it will be opened up. This will provide green space for residents, hospital workers and the general public.
- A development of up to 150 holiday lodges and associated services buildings.
- An area for the hospital to install a garden.
- And an area to be allocated to Blackpool Zoo close to their existing site.
The new Family Active Entertainment Centre will be an indoor and outdoor multi-activity centre. It’s for people of all ages and abilities. Health will be a core theme of the activity centre.
Activities will include:
- Zip-wire adventures,
- Climbing “cardio” walls,
- Soft play areas for under 5s,
- Internal crazy golf course,
- Multiple trampolines,
- Indoor high wire walks,
- Hang gliders on rails,
- Ninja Assault Course,
- Electric Go-Karting,
- Outdoor Net Adventure,
- Outdoor Adventure Golf,
- Mega Slide,
- Caving experiences
- and a Virtual Reality Suite.
Plans for the western part of the site
The initial planning application also includes proposals for the western side of the site. They include:
- amendments to the Golf Course,
- the installation of Practice Facilities,
- and outline planning for the Clubhouse.
- A separate application will be made for detailed planning consent for the Clubhouse.
Launching the consultation Michael Simmonds, CEO of Holmes Investment Properties Plc said;
“I’m pleased to be sharing our exciting plans to create a unique new leisure destination for Blackpool. The public consultation marks a key milestone for the project. We want as many people as possible to get involved in the pre application consultation. Share your views prior to a planning application being submitted in Spring 2022.”
The project team comprises a professional team of consultants including:
- Iceni (Planning Consultancy Services and Heritage),
- Ryder Architects (Architecture and Masterplanning),
- Mode Transport (Transport Consultants),
- UK Networks (Community Engagement),
- Hydrock (Engineering)
- and Wharton (Environmental).
While you’re here…
What do you think? Why don’t you join in and leave a comment below?
Have a look at the homepage of the Live Blackpool website for the latest updates.
Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for your weekly email newsletter. Packed full of interesting things it arrives in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast