Layton Allotments invite you to their annual open day
Sunday 29th July 2018 11am to 3pm
Come along for a great day out.
Tour the site, visit the plots and ask your gardening questions.
Plenty to do and see including information stalls from RSPCA and Trinity Hospice. Aspired Futures provide face painting and donkey rides available for younger visitors.
Fresh vegetables, plants, fruit and flowers grown on site, honey from our onsite bees and lots of homemade jams, chutney, biscuits, cakes and refreshments available.
Find Layton Permanent Allotments at Beckway Avenue, Layton, Blackpool.
Further details at www.laytonallotment.org.uk
Layton Allotments Open Day 2017
Last years open day at Layton Allotment was on Sunday 30th July 2017. The weather was nice and lots of you came along to enjoy it.
There was fresh vegetables, fruit and flowers grown on site, honey from our onsite bees and lots of home made jams, chutney, biscuits and cakes on sale. With a tombola, cake stall, crafts and raffle, the allotment stalls had a very successful day and everyone who came had a good time.
As usual food was available. The BBQ burgers, tearoom and the homemade curry were all very popular!
Our community was also well represented as usual –
- Face painting was provided by Aspired Futures, one of our adopted charities
- Our other charity was the RSPCA, who came along with some of the small animals in their care.
- Two donkeys spent the day patiently giving some of our younger visitors rides.
- Blackpool Trinity Hospice had a stall explaining the excellent work they provide to the community, with items for sale.
- Layton Bee Project had a display showing their work with a hive demonstration. They also had honey on sale, which is produced on site.
Find out More
Have a look at the Live Blackpool website homepage for more of the latest updates.
If you love the Fylde Coast you ought to sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast